Solved

Amplitude to hubspot cohort sending

• 14 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I am trying to send a cohort to Hubspot. Properties I wish to sync are emails. I wanted to stream events but this seems an enterprise plan on Hubspot! Can someone advise how to send a basic cohort of emails to hubspot (saved in contacts). My cohort is created based on a sign up event with an email as property. I wish to senf this email property to Hubspot and save in contacts...or as a workflow. The sync does not work. I am getting a generic message about my form. What form??

This error message is telling you that there is a problem with the fields in your form.

icon

Best answer by Naryie Vasquez 14 June 2023, 16:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hey @Matt McCarthy,

I think the error you mentioned is the one you posted here, right? If I understand your question correctly, you’re trying to send a cohort to your CRM, but when configuring the setup maybe you did it as an event (Custom Behavior Event) not as a cohort (Contacts), I say this because of the scope the error shows:

"requiredScopes": [
"analytics.behavioral_events.send"
]

as the scope you set is send to the Hubspot’s Custom Behavioral Events API, you should use the Hubspot’s Contacts API and make sure that the read and write permissions are set while configuring your OAuth access via Hubspot’s private apps [2]

As per the form they mention, in order to create a contact within Hubspot you should use a form that would be attached to an email (a contact is attached to that email), that could be the reason why the platform is asking you about a form (it’s expecting an email to create a contact, the most common way to do that there is via a form). I think if you change your OAuth permissions to read and write in the CRM you should be good to go there.

Hope it helps!