Embedded Amplitude

You can now generate and create code embeds out of Charts, Notebooks, Dashboards, and Cohorts! These embeds allow content in Amplitude to be visible to unauthenticated users much like public links. You can then attach embedded content to your own HTML pages, as well as manage + deactivate embeds as wanted.

Hi,

Is this functionality only available in paying accounts ? I am currently still on a free account, and cannot see any “Share with someone without an account” option anywhere.

Also, is it possible to see an example of an embedded chart ? I would like to see if this would fit my current needs in terms of data access limitation.

Thank you in advance,

Damien

Hi @Damien, Thank you for posting here. 😀 Confirming that this is a paid feature. Embedding is available to people who have Public Links. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Hi @Product Team , thank you for your response, I do have the option now and it works great ! :)

A couple questions since I cannot find any documentation on this feature except this blog post :

• Are there any rate limit i should know about ?
  • Is there any way to customize the content inside the iframe other (inject css, remove title, etc..)
  • Do you have any JS in place inside the iframe that would allow me to adjust the iframe height in order to prevent a scrollbar ? (for example iframe-resizer, or just plain postMessage)

Thank you in advance for your responses,

Damien

It’s great to hear from you @Damien. I’m Jeremie the community manager. These are good questions. I was able to find this FAQ article in our Help Center that might help. There’s also an overview of embedding related to our notebooks feature. Please keep me posted here as you make progress! 

FAQ: Instrument Amplitude on third-party website builders

Explain important insights with notebooks

Hi Jeremie,

I am sorry to say but your links are off topics, my questions are related to the embedding of amplitude graphs and dashboards as iframes (when you go “Share” / “Manage embed code” / “Enable Public Embed”).

As far I as know, this blog post is the only mention of this feature.

Sincerely

Thanks, @Damien I did a little more digging and the questions you asked aren’t currently supported by the embed feature. Please add these to the product ideas forum and they’ll be considered by the team! 😀

Thank you @Jeremie Gluckman @Damien for being a part of this community 😊 We’re always open to feedback and can’t wait to keep in touch!

Hi,

What manipulations could I perform with embedded charts on my website?
1. Filter charts?
2. Select timeframes on charts?
3.  Export chart data in CSV/PDF formats?

Thanks!

Sergey

Hey Sergey,

None of those, embedded charts are dynamic charts (as in tooltips on hover for better readability) but data and timeframes are static.

It is still quite nice to easily build dashboards inside amplitude and show them on an external website, even if it is quite slow to load.

Best,

Damien (just a client)

Hey Damien,

Thank you a lot!

Hi everyone

From which plan is the Embedded feature currently available?

Thanks!