Solved

Tracking events for Non registered users (iOS App)

• 4 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, I have a question about the tracking that I'm doing with Amplitude from my application (iOS app). In our case, we do a tracking for unregistered users (before Login and Register) and a tracking for registered users within the app.

In the case of unregistered users we are sending the event with the user (NoRegisterUser) and in the case of registered users with a username that the client has provided. My question is if there is any way to change the name of unregistered users (NoRegisterUser) in the Amplitude tracking website by the user that the customer has provided after registration, in order to have a more complete tracking of users behaviour and see the full cycle.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by dangrainger 4 December 2023, 17:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Not that I’m aware of @Marcoss. Amplitude data is immutable, so if you’re grabbing a a username in a user property it’ll only be forward looking, i.e., tying to events for that given user from the point in time you grab the username. Or if you’re using the “user ID” then these definitely cannot be change once captured (https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/206404628-How-will-you-identify-your-users-).

Dan.