Question

Inability to Filter by User Segment

• 22 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I haven’t been able to find someone with this exact problem.

What I am trying to do:
Filter out all events that are triggered by our employees. I do this by filtering out their email (as a unique identifier for this test.)

My observations:

When I look at any active event, I see there is a 118 current unique average during the past week.

No Filter Applied

When I filter for the three employees using the “Segment by” feature, I can see it’s working properly (emails are redacted):

Filter applied such that email = {employeeEmail1, employeeEmail2, employeeEmail3}

Now the last step where instead of filtering for = {employeeEmail1, employeeEmail2, employeeEmail3} I filter ≠ {employeeEmail1, employeeEmail2, employeeEmail3}

For this I get the same exact result as in image #1 (please see below). What am I doing wrong here?

Filter applied such that email ≠ {employeeEmail1, employeeEmail2, employeeEmail3}

2 replies

hey! I do product analytics advising for startups.

I think the issue is that there are events in Any Active Event which don’t have an email property. If you specify it to only events that have the email property, then you’ll likely get your desired result

hey! I do product analytics advising for startups.

I think the issue is that there are events in Any Active Event which don’t have an email property. If you specify it to only events that have the email property, then you’ll likely get your desired result

Thanks for the answer! I’m really surprised that this is how amplitude works.