Skip to main content

How do I grant access to specific projects for certain users?  Or put another way:  How do I limit the projects certain users have access to? 

I have a subset of users that I want to grant access to only a specific project.  I do not want them to be able to access/see other projects in our organization. 

I’ve not been able to find a way to do this and documentation appears sparse on this use case, though it seems like it should be pretty straight forward. 

Any insights welcome!  Thanks!

Hey @Emily-M 

If you are an Enterprise customer, then permission groups feature could be a helpful one. You can just create a group , select the designated project/s and add the users in there. You can read more on this and the associated caveats here.

If not, then the only other way I can think of is manually selecting the users ( multi select is possible) and then managing their project access.

Members & Groups → Users → Select Users from the list → Manage Project Access

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.

Thank you @Saish Redkar.  Your response is very helpful!  

We have a “Growth” plan, not an Enterprise plan.  

When I look at the “Members” section of the “Org Settings” what is available to me for each team member is “Edit Team” and “Edit Org Role”.  Is this what I should expect from the Growth plan?   

This really does seem like it would be a common use case, so I’m wondering if perhaps there is another setting somewhere that might activate these controls?  I have an admin privilege. 

Hey there Emily,

I agree with Saish - usually, permissions are based on a user's role, though project-level permissions and permission groups are available for Enterprise customers who need the ability to better target levels of security.

So if you are on our Growth plan - you can read about Roles here and set the relevant roles according to what your users should and should not see.

Best,

Zhenia

Hi @Saish Redkar I have the same issue as Emily did. I’m on a Growth plan, not Enterprise, and need to assign some users to only 1 project not all of them. As far as I can see there isn’t a way to do this. I can’t edit or set up new groups, I can’t manage group access and the “Manage Project Access” isn’t available on the Growth plan. Have I missed any other updates in the last 2 years since the original question was posted, or do you still not have a way to manage what users can access?