Solved

How do I allow certain users access to a specific project?

• 7 October 2022
  • 3 replies

How do I grant access to specific projects for certain users?  Or put another way:  How do I limit the projects certain users have access to? 

I have a subset of users that I want to grant access to only a specific project.  I do not want them to be able to access/see other projects in our organization. 

I’ve not been able to find a way to do this and documentation appears sparse on this use case, though it seems like it should be pretty straight forward. 

Any insights welcome!  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 7 October 2022, 18:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Emily-M 

If you are an Enterprise customer, then permission groups feature could be a helpful one. You can just create a group , select the designated project/s and add the users in there. You can read more on this and the associated caveats here.

If not, then the only other way I can think of is manually selecting the users ( multi select is possible) and then managing their project access.

Members & Groups → Users → Select Users from the list → Manage Project Access

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.

Thank you @Saish Redkar.  Your response is very helpful!  

We have a “Growth” plan, not an Enterprise plan.  

When I look at the “Members” section of the “Org Settings” what is available to me for each team member is “Edit Team” and “Edit Org Role”.  Is this what I should expect from the Growth plan?   

This really does seem like it would be a common use case, so I’m wondering if perhaps there is another setting somewhere that might activate these controls?  I have an admin privilege. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there Emily,

I agree with Saish - usually, permissions are based on a user's role, though project-level permissions and permission groups are available for Enterprise customers who need the ability to better target levels of security.

So if you are on our Growth plan - you can read about Roles here and set the relevant roles according to what your users should and should not see.

Best,

Zhenia