Skip to main content

How can I pass my Order Completed properties to Product Purchased ?

• 11 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey,

I’m using segment’s Amplitude Action destination.
I have an ‘Order Completed’ event that contains a lot of properties, among them ‘products’ an array of objects with the price, id, … of the products purchased.
Looking in amplitude a ‘Product Purchased’ event is created for each item in ‘products’ with the product’s properties. But i’m loosing all the properties of the ‘Order Completed’ event, what is the best way to pass those properties to the ‘Product Purchased’ event ?

Example :
Order Completed :
store: Paris,
Products: :

{id: 1, price:2, quantity: 1}

]

It creates the following event automatically :

Product Purchased:
id: 1,
price: 2,
quantity: 1
But it’s missing the store property

Thanks,

Matthias

Hi @tthias 😀 Thanks for reaching out here. I ran a quick search and found these threads about Amplitude Action. Please let me know if you make any progress. 

Hi @tthias - thanks for your question.

Based on your description, it sounds like you’re tracking revenue data to Amplitude and have “Track Revenue per Product” turned on so that each individual Product Purchased event contains the revenue data. To confirm, is there also an Order Completed sent with the Product Purchased events that does contain the properties or do you only see Product Purchased events?

Hi @tthias I hope all is well 😃 Were you able to get to the bottom of this? Just in case I’m looping in @ning.chang who will be able to help out if needed. Keep us posted!