Solved

Formula using Event Properties

• 2 May 2023
  • 1 reply

In my app, there is an event called pinpoint_added. This event is basically an event when a user adds a comment at a specific time interval. The default for the the time interval for the pinpoint_added event is 10 seconds; meaning that when a user clicks the pinpoint feature, the video stops and the start time for the pinpoint is the current time of the video x. The end time of the pinpoint is defaulted at x + 10. The user can adjust the pinpoint start and end time but an event is not sent if one of these timestamps are changed. I am wondering if I can bypass adding a pinpoint time changed event and instead use the pinpoint_added properties of start_time and end_time to see if the difference between the two is not equal to 10, meaning that the time interval was changed from the default. The pinpoint_added event has two meaningful properties for this situation start_time and end_time. I could not figure out how to include these two event properties in a formula and am wondering how I can see the use of the “change time interval feature”.

My current solution is to create a segmentation where pinpoint_added is grouped by start_time, end_time, and session_id. This gives me a table with 3 columns of end_time, start_time and session_id. I manually go over the table and look for the difference between end_time and start_time being not equal to 10. Is there a better solution to my problem? maybe a custom formula?

icon

Best answer by Naryie Vasquez 8 May 2023, 19:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hey @Roee Fink , I saw an approach that looks like the one you are trying to going through, take a look at this question.
As a summary, yes, you can use the Govern addon to create custom derived properties so you can create something like: IF(SUBSTRACTION(‘start_time’,’end_time’)<10, ‘show something if true’, ‘show something if false’) to create your own property, but this feature is ONLY available for paid customers. 

Hope it helps.