Solved

Choose dataset location when exporting to BigQuery

• 6 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’ve managed to set up a regular export of my events to BigQuery, as well as backfilling all my events and merged Ids.

However it is near unusable since the data was automatically exported to a dataset located in the US, while all my BI projects are located in the EU.

Is there an option somewhere to select the location where the data should be exported to ?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jarren.patao 8 December 2022, 19:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @xavierosee, thanks for your feedback on this. Right now we’re still working on the BigQuery Export functionality as it is still in Beta, but I can definitely provide the feedback to our team around getting your data ported to an EU project.

We do have the ability to specify region in our S3 Exports since this feature is available for the general audience, but you could maybe port your exports to an S3 bucket and then into a BigQuery project if that helps solve the issue of your data region. Otherwise, I’ll put in the feature request for you!

Thank you for the quick reply @jarren.patao !

I don’t have access to an S3 bucket at the moment as we’re very much focusing on Gcloud for our BI infrastructure…

I’ll be waiting for the feature to be released then!

Thanks again!