Question

User activation - Executing 3 of a set of 10 possible events

• 25 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

we have a definition of an Activated User being that this user has executed ANY 3 of a set of 10 defined event within lets say within a week. The timing is not to important here.

I have tried custom events, cohorts and segmentation but I don’t seem to be able to define the execution of 3 events of a defined set of events.

Ideally I would build this as a cohort because we have an additional definition of an engaded user and that will be a percentage Activated users that execute a particular event more than x times.

My current struggle is with the definition of an Activated user.

Help?

Thx so much!

Salsita
Dave Ruzius   

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Dave Ruzius 
Interesting use case. Custom events alone might not help much since the default definition is “any of the possible defined events” rather than any 3 of the possible events.

I tried to explore this a bit in cohort definition and found out that we can use the distinct values property on event names too. So a cohort like this might be worth exploring for your set of 10 events

Let me know if this helps.

Oh wow that is great! Thx @Saish Redkar ! One thing I noticed with the Any (Active) Event is that I can not add there custom events because of course the 10 events we are talking about are complicated ones that I have defined as custom event. Any way around that?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

So I was able to add custom event name in place of any active event, but the Event Name filter behaves weirdly for this scenario for me. There is a fleeting value called “event_type_value” which keeps appearing and disappearing ( maybe a bug )
Maybe you can try to add multiple OR clauses and multi select the event names in each clause instead.