Solved

How to embed Amplitude Chart in iframe for a specific user id?

• 22 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I would like to be able to display a certain users activity in an iframe. I can create charts manually for a user in Amplitude, but I need to be able to do the same programmatically with a user-id. 

How can I create a user specific chart and show it in an iframe? I am using the JS API in my frontend.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ning.chang 24 May 2021, 11:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi,

I would like to be able to display a certain users activity in an iframe. I can create charts manually for a user in Amplitude, but I need to be able to do the same programmatically with a user-id. 

How can I create a user specific chart and show it in an iframe? I am using the JS API in my frontend.

Thanks

Could you give a more concrete example of what you are looking to do? At least I cannot understand this well enough to answer your question.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey @aspectangle,

At the moment, we don't have support for iframing an Amplitude chart to an external dashboard. There is an existing feature request for this though!

As an Amplitude team member, what I can do to help is to inform the development team that more customers are requesting this type of feature.

Apologies for not having the feature you're looking for at the moment. I understand how this can be useful for presenting charts internally!

If any other community members have alternatives, will be great to hear them :)  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @aspectangle 

As Ning mentioned, there isn’t a straightforward way of iframing an Amplitude chart externally.

There was a question asked before on a similar topic which you could refer to.

Let me know if that helps to some extent.