Solved

Understand team activity on dashboards/charts

• 20 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Is it possible to create a view of how many times and which dashboard/charts a team member is visiting?  

Let’s say I have a dashboard called “My product dashboard” with 6 charts.  Can I understand who in my organization has visited, how many times, and which specific view they have looked at?

I think what I’m asking is if Amplitude tracks user views per organization/account and makes those available in some way?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 20 November 2023, 17:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @John Yates 

There is no direct functionality for the exact use case you described on the dashboard level.

You can get information on who viewed a dashboard or a chart by hitting the Share button → View History. But it’s not possible to see the number of times a chart or dashboard is viewed using this method.

Other option is to look at the Usage Reports under Org settings which can get the number of views, but this is limited to only the “Top Viewed Charts/Dashboards” and you might not always see your desired dashboard/s in there.

If you are on an Enterprise plan, you can ask your Account CSM to see if they can create a custom dashboard for you org ,which can be accessed via a separate link. ( I have used this route in the past and it helped)

Hope this helps.

This is helpful - thank you @Saish Redkar !