Skip to main content
Solved

compare events with common event property

• 17 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I have two events associated with the same action (with same event properties). I want to compare event counts for the two events compared against the same event property. How to do so?

Example: Two events are PN receive and PN click with a common event property PN title. Say one PN has a title “Welcome to my App”. I want to compare PN receive count and PN click count for the property “Welcome to my App”. Now, there are multiple PNs and hence multiple PN titles - I want to compare PN receive vs Click counts across multiple PN titles.

3 replies

Badge +2
Hi Shubham,

Thank you for writing in! My name is Audrey, and I am your Technical Support Agent here to help you.

You can achieve this by using an Event Segmentation chart in Amplitude. Here's how you can do it:

1. Select your first event (PN receive) and then click on 'Where' to filter by the event property (PN title).
2. Do the same for the second event (PN click).
3. You can then group these events by the event property (PN title) to compare the counts of these events for each unique PN title.
This will give you a chart where the Y-axis represents the event count and the X-axis represents the unique PN titles. Each event will be represented by a different bar on the chart, allowing you to compare the counts of PN receive and PN click for each PN title.

I've included an example chart here: https://app.amplitude.com/analytics/itc-ltd/chart/new/lcn9ivnu. If you'd like, you may adjust the date range and/or change this to a line chart.

I hope this helped! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Audrey

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.
Badge

Thanks Audrey. This has been helpful.

Badge +2
Hi Shubham,

That's great to hear! I will go ahead and close out the ticket, but please let me know if you have any followup questions on this topic.

If you have an unrelated question, please create another ticket. Thank you, and have a great day!

Best,
Audrey

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.