Question

Average of ROLLWIN for a specific duration

Badge

I want to highlight the MAU for last week. 

Now, currently I do it by checking the MAU for the period of last 30 days, with the offset of 7 days. So it basically tells me the rolling average MAU for the day that was 7 days ago.

What I want here is that I want the ROLLWIN for each of the 7 days of last week - and an average of that (Sum of ROLLWIN for 7 days / 7). This will essentially give me a single number which kind of covers all the 7 days in a single metric. Is there a way to solve it that way?

This is needed as I want to compare MAU performance of last week and last to last week. Hope I was able to explain the situation.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Amplitude Community. Happy to help!

> Now, currently I do it by checking the MAU for the period of last 30 days, with the offset of 7 days. So it basically tells me the rolling average MAU for the day that was 7 days ago.

First of all, could I check if your chart has a similar setup to the chart below?
https://app.amplitude.com/analytics/demo/chart/new/u7qt8uut

> I want the ROLLWIN for each of the 7 days of last week

You can apply a ROLLWIN formula to display the aggregate last 7 days of data in a single data point.
https://app.amplitude.com/analytics/demo/chart/new/2t0cmkzo

Unfortunately, we don't support nested custom formulas. To get an average of ROLLWIN for the past 7 days, you can export the chart result to CSV and calculate it outside Amplitude.

I hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Thao

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.

Badge

Yeah I was also able to reach till here. I was trying to ask that only if the average of 7 days ROLLWIN can be taken in a single metric. Thanks anyways.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Hi Shubham,

You are very welcome! I understand this may not be the ideal solution you were hoping for. I will submit a feature request to our Product Development team on your behalf.

We take customer feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time in letting us know how we can improve the Amplitude experience for you.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Best regards,
Thao

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.
Badge

Thanks Thao. Nothing else to be added.