Solved

Time-based sync for Snowflake has no jobs started

• 7 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am currently ingesting data from Snowflake, using a valid SQL query.​​​​​

The sync job does not even start for the time-based sync. How long would I have to wait before the data is synced?

icon

Best answer by belinda.chiu 16 February 2023, 23:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am running into the same issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Jeremie Gluckman, is there any support on this? I have not resolved the issue. Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for following up @karthika88 and @Ian. This totally slipped thought the cracks. I’m escalating it to the team now. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you! It worked on our end, but there was a lag - that is the jobs did not start immediately according to the value that I had set.

Can you look into why there was a lag ? We did not get any details from the progress dashboard

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for following up @karthika88 and @Ian. This totally slipped thought the cracks. I’m escalating it to the team now. 

Great, thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ian and @karthika88 ! Jeremie has escalated this issue to the Technical Support team. I have come to notice that both of you have email address with the same domain name. Are you both part of the same company? 

If so, can you clarify if the Snowflake integration is working now? I checked your org and I see that there are a lot of Snowflake destinations that are connected and are ingesting data. If you are working on different Snowflake ingestions but one of them is working while the other is not, is there a way for you to compare between the two set-ups to see if there are any differences? 

@karthika88 Regarding the question about lag, can you provide more context? Is it that you created an import but the first ingestion job did not start running until some time after? Or did it start running but perhaps not complete until sometime later? Are you still seeing the data timestamped from when you first created the import or are you seeing data timestamped after the time value you have set?

https://www.docs.developers.amplitude.com/data/sources/snowflake/?h=time+based#time-based-import

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is it possible to delete jobs which have been in “processing” state for a while ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @karthika88! In the UI, there is no way to delete jobs. Can you share with me your use case for why you would want to delete these jobs?