Solved

Updating Property Descriptions in Bulk

• 14 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding updating property descriptions in bulk and I would greatly appreciate your input on this matter.

Is it possible to update property descriptions using a CSV or do we have to manually input the descriptions through the "Property" tab?

Recently, I discovered that when importing a CSV from the "Events" section, the property descriptions are only reflected for properties associated with that specific event. It seems that updating descriptions in bulk through CSV imports is not currently supported.

If anyone has any insights or alternative approaches for efficiently updating property descriptions, I would be grateful to hear your suggestions.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

icon

Best answer by dangrainger 14 July 2023, 14:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @MNDO. I’ve had the same query in the past and am pretty sure CSV download/ upload is currently only available for Events not Properties. In the Amplitude Data UI the upload/ download buttons are only present on the Tracking Plan > Events page, which likely confirms this!

Dan.

Hi @dangrainger ,

I appreciate your input and confirmation. It's helpful to know that CSV download/upload is limited to Events and not applicable to Properties. If you have any more useful insights in the future, feel free to share.

Thanks once again!