Solved

Test APIs to access cohorts

• 18 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I am trying to build an application to allow my customers to be able to access cohorts through the cohorts api (https://amplitude.com/api/3/cohorts). However, Amplitude is requiring me to talk to their sales team to be able to build cohorts and test out. Is there a sample app with cohorts where I can test out the functionality?

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 21 April 2023, 20:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@aj_fulcrum Hi! Welcome to the community! Have you checked out our demo account? There are a few different product types in there to play around with as well (music streaming app, fintech, ecommerce, B2B, etc).

Badge

@Esther Trapadoux , I have. However, I need to access the cohorts through the /cohorts API. The demo account doesn’t give me access to it’s api_key and secret. 

Is there a way to get access to key/secret on the demo account or do you know any other account? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @aj_fulcrum 

AFAIK, you can’t test APIs on the demo Amplitude projects since they don’t expose their API key and secret to the customers. You might need work with you own project data to try that out.
You can try browsing their Postman Collection to see if they have any additional info, but I doubt that you still need your own project’s credentials.

I’m wondering which plan are you on.Do you have access to Behavioral Cohorts?

Badge

I don’t have access to Behavioral Cohorts (on the Free plan). Seems like I need to talk through Sales team. I am hoping a way to test this out in a self-serve manner rather than working through sales meetings.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@aj_fulcrum sending you a DM!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I guess that’s how their usual workflow is when trying to upgrade or enable a paid feature if you are on a starter plan.

Badge

I applied to the Amplitude Scholarship program and that gets me what I need at the moment. Thank you both for getting me help.