Solved

Java Implementation Timeline Approximation

• 13 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I work with a non-profit who has recently joined the scholarship program, and we’re looking to implement Amplitude into our data collection.  Disregarding the time spent to develop the taxonomy, how long on average does the implementation process tend to take using the Java SDK.  I recognize that this may not be enough information to give a definitive answer, but general estimations will still be valuable.  Alternatively, I’d be happy to fill in any information you would need to make this kind of assessment.

Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Best,
Travis

icon

Best answer by Naryie Vasquez 15 May 2023, 19:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hey @Travis Grady,

As you mentioned there is not enough information to provide an estimation, however, there are some points to consider when estimating implementations:

• The complexity of your codebase.
  • The experience and knowledge of your engineering team regarding your codebase.
  • The quantity of events you have in your tracking plan, as well as their properties.

Why is it important to consider the points above? because the efforts required from the engineering team depend on their experience and the amount of information they need to add in order to track the events and properties.
The more you understand your team's capacity and how to break down tasks, the easier it becomes to make an estimation. However, it is important to remember that estimations are not always perfect.

Hope it helps! :)

Hello