Solved

Is there a way to use a block filter on utm parameters?

• 3 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I was hoping to apply a block filter, similar to what I’ve done with IP addresses, on Amplitude. We want to leverage a utm parameter, specifically medium, to filter out synthetic tests. Is there a way we could do this?

icon

Best answer by Yosimy.Cortes 5 April 2024, 01:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Joseph, 

My name is Yosimy from Amplitude Support, happy to help! 

Would the UTM parameter be a custom user property that you created or the Amplitude-defined user property? At the moment, it is not possible to block Amplitude-defined properties. If the user property you wish to block is a custom user property, then you will be able to create a block filter to block "User Properties" with "Property Name" equal to the name of the UTM parameter you wish to block. 

Otherwise, this would be a feature request. We'd like to encourage you to submit a feature request via the help button at the top right corner of the UI (question mark icon) > Contact Us > Select "Feature Request" > Submit Feedback. This will send your feedback to the Product team directly! 

Please share as much information as possible about your use case and how you visualize the feature. Links are more than welcome! A detailed description would help our Product team understand the importance of the request better. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions!

Best,
Yosimy