Skip to main content
Solved

Identifying Unexpected Enum Values

• 13 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m seeing warnings under “Investigate Issues” that some of my events have “Unexpected Enum Values”. How do I see which values are coming through which are unexpected?

I can see the list of enums in my tracking plan. I could try & map this with all events coming through; but that’s quite manual. I’m hoping there is a report which shows me the acutal values that are coming through which aren’t in the enum list.

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi @sambravery, the tracking plan gives you that warning because there are values within the last 14 days that do not match the current enum list. There’s not a way to pull in the unexpected values (or overall values) from the tracking plan view. Best way is to create an Event Segmentation chart, select the Event which holds that property (or Any Event) and group by the property to show all the ingested values in the last x days. Compare that with your enum list. If you’re no longer sending the unexpected enum values in the recent data, the warning should go away after 14 days of expected values.

Thanks @rox.chang ; I thought that might be the case.
Could this be logged as a feature request; please? It’s quite manual to do it the way you suggest, especially when there are many enums

Badge +1

@sambravery I just submitted a feature request for this (having visibility on property values and seeing which are unexpected in the tracking plan) to our data management product team! thanks for sharing these details with us