Solved

Unable to fetch the users information from a funnel chart

• 7 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, i’m trying to create a spreadsheet to display on what stage of the funnel have my users reached.

The first thing i tried, was to use the endpoint `https://amplitude.com/api/3/chart/chart_id/query`, but it only brings general information about the quantity of user on each stage of the funnel, it doesn’t even bring the id of the users on each stage

The data i need is the same i get when i download the users on a step of the funnel, but on my research on the documentation, i couldn’t find any endpoint that would let me get this specific information. (the users on this specified funnel chart)

Is there any way i could get this information through the API?

icon

Best answer by munroek-amp 11 October 2022, 22:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Winicius Oliveira 

The existing chart api endpoint for the funnel chart won’t give you the user ids at each stage of your funnel.

Your best bet is using the “Download Users” option and directly downloading the csv of user ids/properties.

The convoluted approach , if at all you want to use an API, is to “Create Cohort” for each stage of the funnel and then use the behavioral cohorts API to fetch ids from each of these cohorts.

Your best bet is using the “Download Users” option and directly downloading the csv of user ids/properties.

@Saish Redkar Is there a way to request this csv from the API? Without the need of manual actions on the platform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I don’t think so. AFAIK, the behavioral cohorts API is currently the best option to perform this workflow for an existing cohort.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello @Winicius Oliveira! In regards to requesting the CSV via API, you can utilize the behavioral cohort API as long as the cohort already exists like @Saish Redkar mentioned. Here is the link to the behavioral cohorts documentation.