Solved

Showing companies and not users on dashboard

• 15 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello Guys!

Here is the deal:

We work with an B2B product, so most of our metrics look to how many companies triggered certain event during a window of time. Most of amplitude is perfectly usable for us, because even with all tracking being made by user, we can always use the “Group By” feature and everything is good.

But there is a problem. I want to see on my dashboard the actual number of companies that triggered that event. I can get a list of them easily, but when showed on a dashboard that data is not easily read. I’d need to download a CSV and count the cells.

Let’s use the image below as an example. I created a segmentation graph with event i needed, grouped all users by company and then added that to a dashboard. For good measure, i turned it into a table, for ease of reading. Now i can see who triggered the event, but not how many companies, and that’s even worse on this case where there are 165 companies that triggered the event.

I also tried to use user composition, so that i could see the exact number, but that doesn’t really work, because the number at the center of the graph is the sum off all users, and not companies, that saw the event.

205 represents the users that saw the events, and not the companies, as more than one user from the same company might triggered the event

​​​​

Is it possible to do something like that with the tools available ?

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 6 February 2024, 22:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The PROPCOUNT formula will be your friend here @vbranndo. Take the below example that I’ve configured in a Segmentation chart…

In the resulting output I’m given a count of unique “holiday booking ref” values split by the name of the event triggered. This should work for your scenario, you’ll just need to put “company_name” in the first group by and you’ll get a count of unique company_name values split by your event names.

Dan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @vbranndo 

Dan’s formula approach is one of the best ways to count your B2B orgs if you are capturing a unique org id on user event. This is useful if most of your analysis is based on an event segmentation chart.

If you want to to leverage analysis on the account level in other charts too, I would suggest reading about the Account level reporting option ( requires an add-on ).

Hope this helps.