Solved

Same Tracker but different user segmentation

• 7 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

We are a job recruitment platform and offers different plans for companies to choose from. They can either purchase during the 14 Days trial period OR after expiry OR upgrade plan any time in the future. 

The CTA is mainly clicking on the plan's purchase button on the Plans Page, but we wish to track which type of users it is (First time user- During Trial, First time user - Expired Trial, Repeat purchase after cancellation, Upgrade purchase with existing plan), may I know how should I go about it with setting tracks for it? 

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon. 

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 7 April 2022, 17:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @miyamaya 

The go-to approach could be to have the scenarios captured in a user property after the purchase is done. I’m assuming this is something that can live on the user level. If you plan to instrument the company accounts as “Groups”, then you can put those as a group property.

So something like purchase_type = ‘trial_period’ / ‘post_trial_period’ , etc might help. You can also have another property saying user_type =’ trial/paid’ and then use this in combination with purchase_type. For Trial Users, purchase_type will be none till they actually purchase a plan.

There isn’t one way to do this and can be achieved in multiple ways depending on how well we can capture the data caveats which arise time to time.

Hope this helps.