Solved

React Native SDK doesn't work with kids app

• 26 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello, 

We have a kids app (iOS and Android). We used React Native SDK (Legacy) but suddenly we stopped to receive any events. We have't had any app updates.
We decided to update SDK and use React Native SDK (Beta) but Google Play rejected our app because location permissions: 

[!] Google Api Error: Invalid request - You have declared that your app targets under 13 age groups, but your app asks for location permissions.

I don't see an opportunity to disable COPPA Control in Beta version as it was in legacy SDK. Could you help me how I can fix this issue? 

icon

Best answer by eddie.gaona 29 December 2022, 18:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @Darya happy to help!

For the "next generation" SDKs there is no longer a direct "enable/disable coppa" but now the customer can control what information is tracked with TrackingOptions, here.

Hello @Darya happy to help!

For the "next generation" SDKs there is no longer a direct "enable/disable coppa" but now the customer can control what information is tracked with TrackingOptions, here.

I'm afraid this method will not solve our problem. Because React Native SDK firs send a request to track location and only then we forbid to track it with TrackingOptions method.

The thing is our app build with Amplitude SDK wil not be allowed to Google Play - the first thing Google Play will track is location request and our build will be rejected on this stage.

When does Amplitude plan to return direct "enable/disable coppa"?