Solved

Newly added events not appearing in event list or available in Analysis

• 30 January 2023
  • 4 replies

We’ve recently added several events to our mobile app. 

Unexpectedly, some events are not visible in event list on Data page or not appearing in Analysis. 
They are across at least 3 status:

1. Appearing in event list and available in Analysis

2. Appearing in event list but unavailable in Analysis (cannot choose that event for creating a chart)

Some of them have an error icon in event details - however, other events with the same error message are still available in Analysis.

3. Not appearing in event list 
    However, I can see them in Amplitude project for Dev environment

I’ve checked related topics but haven’t found solutions. 
Really appreciate your help! 

icon

Best answer by tsegalla 31 January 2023, 16:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Noa, thanks for reaching out with this!

Here are a few things I recommend checking:

• First, make sure that the Tracking Plan of Events that you are viewing in Amplitude Data is associated with the Amplitude Analytics Project that you’re querying in when creating a chart.  The way to check this is to check your Data settings for the project that you’re working in, and looking under Environments.  Here’s that Settings page in Data:

And here is the Project switcher found in the top left of an Analytics chart.  This is where the Project names between Data and Analytics should match:

If that’s not the issue, it may also be good to make sure that you are working in the correct Data Project (e.g. AmpliShop 2.0), as well as in the correct Branch (e.g. ‘main’).  Branches allow you to create different temporary versions of your tracking plan so you can make edits safely, which means your edits may not be visible in the main branch + tracking plan yet.  You may also want to ensure that any new events were added to your tracking plan via the ‘Save changes’ or ‘Publish changes’ button first:

If that still doesn’t help, please feel free to provide any additional screenshots or links that may be helpful for us to understand the issue.  We’ll do our best to help you out!

Hi @tsegalla thank you for the response.

The issue you addressed has been resolved. They are on the same project and main branch, but still encountered the issue that events in the list cannot be used in Analysis (#2 in the original).
However, when I checked it again now, they appeared in Analysis. Maybe time lag because I changed status of those from ‘unexpected’ to ‘planned’ yesterday?

Another issue still remains that events available in Dev environment are not available in Prod environment. All event tags have been moved to Prod at the same timing (1 week ago) and some are already available in Prod.

Can I please ask your advice on this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Noa,

I’m glad to hear that the previous issue was resolved.  In case that happens again, I recommend reaching out to our Amplitude Support team so they can investigate further for potential bugs or unintended behavior.

Regarding why data is appearing in Dev but not in Prod, there could be a few reasons why this is happening:

• Going off of your screenshots, it may be possible that the syntax of the event name in Prod doesn’t match the syntax of the event name in Dev.
  • You may want to confirm again with Engineering that the events are being sent to the Prod environment separately.  To be sure of this, make sure they are sending data to the correct API key associated with your Prod project in Analytics.
  • Double check your Schema Settings in Amplitude Data.  If unplanned Events are set to “Reject” instead of “Mark As Unexpected”, this may lead to you not seeing the data as you might expect to:

Please let me know if there’s anything else I might be missing.  We’re here to help however we can!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for all the help and guidance here @tsegalla. You’re the best! 😀