Solved

manually "inject" event instances into Amplitude.

• 16 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am looking for a way to manually "inject" event instances into Amplitude.

For example, assume that I have created a new event called "New Tweet" directly from within the Amplitude UI. Now, every time I post a new tweet on Twitter, I want to manually create a new instance of that event in Amplitude that will contain the tweet data.

Is there a way to create events manually from within the Amplitude UI? If not, do you have any other ideas on how to solve my problem? I also considered using Google Sheets to send data to Amplitude but couldn't find a way to do it. I am looking for something that will be easy to update manually.

I am using the "Plus Plan" in Amplitude, so I do not have access to the campaigns feature.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by franciskafyi 19 April 2023, 03:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hey @shani cohen,

The only ways to get data into Amplitude are through our data source integrations and our SDKs. We do not have a native Twitter integration. It’s definitely an interesting use case, but not something I have seen before. I checked our catalog and it looks like we have Amplitude Lookup Table in Beta and maybe you could use that if you’re able to somehow pull your tweets into an excel sheet? That said, sounds like a very unique use case that I haven’t seen executed before. Have you considered a specific tool for social analytics, e.g. like Hootsuite?

Badge

Hey franciskafyi 
Thank you for the answer!

the need is to know how my (low volume) social media activity, (mainly twitter and reddit) effects other events in the system, such as signups for example. 
my thought was to inject these events manually, but you say its possible

do you have another suggestion to solve my need?
(I don't how can I use the data table for that as you suggested, if you can explain I'll  appreciate it, but note that I want this social media events together with other events)

I don't  have a lot of social media activity and don't  need something big/with cost