Question

Incomplete data for retention chart

• 27 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all, reaching out here looking for some insight on a retention report. I'm plotting the Month 1 retention rate for user engagement on our website, using a calculation based on 30-day windows. When looking at the numbers for the previous month (specifically, users who signed up in May and returned to the site in June), I noticed that there is an asterisk denoting incomplete data for the month of May (see the screenshot attached). I'm using the "return on" option.Since the time interval is set between March 1st and June 30th, I expected the data collection for users who signed up in May to be complete. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, or has anyone else come across this?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Oana Dumitru 

Were you able to identify the users who joined between May 24 and May 31st? Their M1 is considered till July 30th/July 31st, hence the incomplete data collection.

Hi @Saish Redkar, thanks for your reply here and in Slack! I have tried that, but it doesn’t seem to solve the issue. I still see an asterisk next to the May data when I exclude the users who signed up between May 24 - May 31. Any other ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Oana Dumitru 

What does your updated retention breakdown look like as of today? Curious to see the chart definition as well.

Hi @Saish Redkar , thanks for checking back in. Data for May now shows as complete, but I’m now having the same issue with the June data, even I exclude people who signed up between June 24-June 30th. See attached for chart definition. Really appreciate your help!