Solved

How to track the same properties to multiple events

• 15 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi team,

I’ve come across this topic about the Property Group

https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/5078762828699-Streamline-property-updates-with-property-groups

The article mentioned how to create (in the Amplitude console) and add them to an Event which is the use case that I’m looking for. 

But I still wonder that don’t we need to add those properties in the code before ? Can we just put one line of code and apply to several selected events ?  

Let me give some examples of my use case,

So I’m working on a bank app for my client, they would like to know the status of user during the first step until they convert - open an account. The user status consist of a member to the bank or non member. Due to this I think we need to add the user status to every event in the open account journey.

Property Group is suitable for my case, I guess. So I would like to find out the way to implement the property in this case in more detail. 

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 15 December 2023, 20:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ASTH 

Afaik, Property Groups is just a UI based approach in Amplitude Data for better grouping and applying the set of repeated properties for easier management of your tracking plan.

The implementation of repeated properties on your events will have to be handled by your instrumentation code.

Hope this helps.