Solved

How to filter user by the day after registration

• 27 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey, 

I’m creating a chart with events that users had in the first day in app and interested in what events take place on the second, third day from first registration, and so on. Is it possible in amplitude?

Thanks!

Nataly

icon

Best answer by MikkoKarvonen 27 September 2021, 13:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

There is no way to build a universal version of such chart.

However, you could do this day-by-day. First, create a cohort with all the users that were new on a given day. Then create an event segmentation for that cohort, starting from the day they were new. You can then use Top Events for Segment (instead of a specific event) to see the most common events, or explore individual events.

If you do this for a few days, you should get the answers you are looking for. Unless there is something dramatic happening in your app (major UI changes, a large influx of new types of users, in-app communication to promote certain features), the data should look pretty similar for each day.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I would agree with Mikko. I think the best option is to use cohorts if you have them or in line cohorts. You could look at Users who performed a new active event during a time period of them being new like so but it wouldn’t be exactly what you need. 

I do think Mikko’s answer of doing this regularly would be the best option to get those users over time! 

@Denis Holmes @MikkoKarvonen  Do you know if this is still the best way of doing this?