Solved

How to Create and Save Custom Filters in Event Property

• 31 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have an Event called ‘Page View’ with properties such as ‘Page Slug’, ‘Page Route’. Is it possible to save a custom filter on Page Slug?

Eg:

I would like to create a custom filter WHERE ‘Page Slug’ = {‘apple’, ‘orange’, ‘banana’, ‘mango’, ‘watermelon’}

We use this filter in many places, and there are over 50 values in the filter. The alternative is to send it as a property of its own, but we’d ideally like to see it for historical data as well.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 31 July 2021, 06:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @jj41 
From what I understand, the easiest way would be to create a custom event involving just the singular Page View event with the WHERE clause on the ‘Page Slug’ event property for all the values you want to filter on. There isn’t a direct way of saving a custom where filter afaik.

So Page View event WHERE ‘Page Slug’ = {‘apple’, ‘orange’, ‘banana’, ‘mango’, ‘watermelon’,etc} and naming this custom event something like “Page View - Filtered on <specific> Page Slug “. You can then use this custom event in your charts.

Another way would be trying to incorporate a saved user segment which contains your filter definition on the Page View event depending on how well it suits your analysis.

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.