Solved

How can we identify the user status before they do authentication

• 18 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, I have a question regarding user attribution before logged in

I have a banking application which users can transfer money, open saving / fixed account, and many more like other banking apps do. 

My main focus right now is to know what kind of users try to open the accounts e.g., new banking user, or existing banking user. Here are the steps that the user need to proceed 

1. View Onboarding page
  2. View Services page where they can select a service. In this case let say ‘Open Fixed Account’
  3. Enter National ID Card Number
  4. Verify Personal Data - we collect user prop as ‘user_status’

From the steps above, we are able to know who the user is after they enter national id card successfully. However, we have no data for the first two steps. 

My question is 

I wonder if there are any ways we can identify user before they do login, whether they are new or existing banking users who try to open the fixed account from the very first step they enter to the app (but not login or enter national id card yet) ?

is it possible to use funnel analysis and group by ‘user_status’ in the last step ? so that we can know the difference between new vs existing to bank user who try to open the account

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 18 December 2023, 17:15

View original

2 replies

is it possible to use funnel analysis and group by ‘user_status’ in the last step ? so that we can know the difference between new vs existing to bank user who try to open the account

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ASTH 

In a funnel chart, any filters applied via the Segmentation Module apply only to the first event.

From your description, it looks like for new users the user_status user property is applied only after Verify Personal Data step, right? Are you updating this property with this event or after this event?

A better way to compare the funnel conversion between your existing user and new user will be to compare it across 2 segments applied - segment with user_status = null at time of View Onboarding page vs segment with non null user_status.

Let me know if this works.