Solved

Event stream to GA4: internal server error when sync is updated

• 8 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi!
When I create “simple” GA4 destination syncs, everything looks fine. “All events” or one particular event - both options are working.

But when I try to make sync a bit more complicated, I can’t change Status from disabled to enabled, or update mappings. UI shows me this: Sync failed to update. Please try again or contact support.
And POST request to this URL: https://analytics.amplitude.com/t/graphql/org/MYORGNUMBER?q=dataIOUpdateSync returns internal server error:

{
"errors": [
{
"message": "Internal Server Error"
}
],
"data": {
"dataIOUpdateSync": null
}
}

Also, if I change default mappings from the device_id & user_id to something else, I can’t go back to the defaults :). I.e., if I chose City instead of device_id, I can’t find & set back the device_id - it’s just missing in the property list.

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 9 December 2022, 13:06

View original

8 replies

Badge

And one more bug :).

If I switch on and save “Create & Update Users” option, but then switch it off and save again, I still see _identify in the events list:

And have to manually remove it and save it again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Ilya Gnatyuk

Thanks for flagging the issues! 

I will create a ticket for you to follow up as this seems to be a bug. 

Best,

Hi @Ilya Gnatyuk

Thanks for flagging the issues! 

I will create a ticket for you to follow up as this seems to be a bug. 

Best,

Hi, Yuanyuan 

I am experiencing the same(I think) issue.
I would also like to follow the issue you are going to create.(not sure if you’re going to post the reference here)

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @SSemashko

Could you please share a bit more details? What behavior exactly are you experiencing? Which action triggered this error and where does this error display? 

Badge

Hi @Yuanyuan Zhang!

Thank you! 

Hi @SSemashko

Could you please share a bit more details? What behavior exactly are you experiencing? Which action triggered this error and where does this error display? 

I’ve created the destination for the ga4.
I am trying to send the only on event. When I opt-in “enabled” and hit save, i am suggested a confirmation dialog where I am able to “send event & save” or “skip & save”
When I try “send event & save”, the dialog isn’t closed and I see the following error in the console:

[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating '(await ne(a)).body.data.dataIOVerifyConnectionResult')
(anonymous function) (EventStreamingDetails.cdb025b9.chunk.js:1:46381)
asyncFunctionResume
(anonymous function)
promiseReactionJobWithoutPromise
promiseReactionJob

If I try “skip & save”, the dialog is closed and I see the popup “Sync failed to update. Please try again or contact support.”

Let me please know if you need any additional info

Thanks

Badge

Hi @SSemashko!

My bug was resolved, so you might try to update your sync as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for the update @Ilya Gnatyuk. So glad you were able to make progress! 😃