Solved

Error build with admob

• 10 January 2023
  • 3 replies

If i build for android in empty project only admob or only amplitude sdk, then everything is fine. But if these plugins together in one project, i'm getting this error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ':launcher:dexBuilderRelease'.

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This feature requires ASM7

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 20 January 2023, 10:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @darkcroc

Could you please provide more details about what you you are trying to do and what you have encountered. What are you referring to with “admob” and which Amplitude SDK are you using? What do you mean by plugin them together?

Thanks. 

Hi, Yuanyuan Zhang
I just imported amplitude-unity.package ( last version ) and GoogleMobileAds v7.3.1 into empty project and trying to build for android. If I'm building without googlemobileads, only with amplitude-unity, build completing successfully. But if I import googlemobileads, i'm getting this error. I downloaded sdk from here ( https://github.com/amplitude/unity-plugin - amplitude-unity.unitypackage )

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @darkcroc

I understand now that you are trying to combine the Amplitude Unity SDK and Google Mobile Ads in your project. I was not able to find any info regarding this error, but I found this post while looking for information on Google. Could you please have a look at the post and let me know if it helps? Thanks.