Solved

Enabling SSO with existing users in Amplitude

• 6 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Please, we need to know, what will it happen if we enable SSO in our Amplitude.

I mean, at this moment, we have 350 active users (locally in Amplitude). And we are planning to enable SSO. So:

The access to existing content will lost or everything is going to be ok after enabling SSO?

What will it happen with every ROLE-TEAM per user after enabling SSO? Will it be necessary to re assign againa one by one after enabling SSO?

This is urgent for us, as you know, local users is a very high risk.
Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 6 October 2022, 17:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @jhosman 

We enabled SSO a while ago and the existing content was intact. There shouldn’t be any major issues regarding content access I believe. You will have to assign the default user permissions under Amplitude’s “Access & SSO Settings” → Provisioning Settings which will determine which role gets assigned to the new user joining Amplitude after the SSO enabled. Also, the roles of existing users were intact.

If this is high priority for you, please reach out to Amplitude’s Support Team for any best practices regarding SSO migration.

Tagging  @belinda.chiu  @eddie.gaona  @Denis Holmes  for added visibility.

Badge

I really appreciate your response! 

Yes, it is high priority, I already created a support ticket.

My worries are related to not doing manual fixes after migrate to SSO. I will wait for support team as well.

...But it is good to know about your experience.

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @jhosman

This is Nehita from Amplitude Support, thanks for writing in to the Community! 

I can see that my team member Julia has responded to your support ticket, but in case you haven’t seen it I will paste her response here: 

When you turn on SSO, no content will be lost. All users will be viewing Amplitude exactly the same as before. The roles & teams in your organization will not change.

Once you set up SSO, you can require users to login via SSO or you can give them the option to also login with the Amplitude credentials (email & password).

In case you'd like to read more about this topic, here's our documentation on SSO & Amplitude.

I hope this helps, but please feel free to respond here or in the support ticket if you have any questions! 

Best,

Nehita

Badge

Hi Nehita!

Yes! I saw it! Thank you all!

My best!

Badge

FYI:

Enabling SSO is working perfect! Everything is ok related to objects and roles-users.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Awesome to see this resolved! 😃