Solved

Conversion Funnel: Difference in metric "checkout"

• 18 January 2023
  • 2 replies

When I look at the “Funnel” analysis, I do see 200 events registered for the checkout cart. The CTR is calculated based on this number.

When I look at the “Event Segmentation” analysis, there is an event called “checkout cart” showing 706 events. 

Are they the same? If so, 
Why that discrepancy? What does it mean?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 19 January 2023, 16:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out here @recshop. Here’s more information about the event segmentation chart - link and the funnel analysis chart - link for you to get started. Please let us know if you need more help from the team.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @recshop

Thank you for the post! I do understand where the question comes from, but one thing to keep in mind is that the Funnel chart and Event Segmentation chart work differently, so the results are not always comparable. 

In the funnel chart, the number 200 might be filtered after a certain event so the users need perform certain events in specific orders within specific time window to be included. In the Event Segmentation chart, each event is treated as an individual event. It means that users will show up in the chart as long as they perform the event. 

The docs @Jeremie Gluckman linked are very helpful for understanding how the Funnel chart and Event Segmentation chart work. 

Best,