Solved

BigQuery - User properties ingested through bigquery don't sync totally or veeerrry slowly

• 10 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi !

I setup yesterday (more than 15 hours ago) a connection between bigquery and amplitude. 

I triggered a full sync on 24k users, ingesting 3 distinct user properties for those users. 

It seems to work BUT after 15 hours or so I see only 4.3k users have been updated (see screenshot below)

If I look via “segmentation” chart I find a different result 

Is there something around how I look at the data and actually everything is already ingested and updated ?

Or is that normal that it takes so long to update the user properties? Or is there some mechanism that explains that? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Adrien Taravant 10 April 2024, 10:32

View original

2 replies

Ok no issue on ingestion actually. It’s actually I believe just about the way amplitude handle user properties and display them. Basically nothing will show until an event from those user happens again. Which is an issue but a different one.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Hi Adrien,

Yes it is true the two charts does query on data differently! The User Composition chart will query on values that they see on the most recent active event. The Event Segmentation chart however will query on the values of the event that you choose on the chart. So if you choose the event test for example we show values at the time of that event test.

Does this align with the differences you are seeing?

Best,
Sydney

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.