Solved

API Export DATA

• 31 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, I am looking for a way to export data to DWH about newly acquired users via API. 
I need to export the User ID and Amplitude ID of each newly acquired user. 
In order to calculate key metrics and attribution in my own database, I need to export data about the first user event and its properties (utm_sourse, utm_medium, etc...). 
What is the best way to do this? 

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 31 May 2023, 19:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Alona Nikolaeva 

There are couple of ways of doing this

• For the DWH part, you can chose to export your Amplitude event data to the warehouse destinations of your choice. Here are the currently available options for this - https://www.docs.developers.amplitude.com/data/destination-warehouse-overview/
    • The catch here is that you have to export the entire event dataset to your DWH. AFAIK, there isn’t a way to export just your new users. Once you have you event export data flowing into your DWH, you can run SQL queries against the primary table + merged user table to get your true newly acquired users with their respective properties.Here are the schema definitions for the snowflake export.
  • For just exporting new users, you can create a cohort first and then start syncing to an S3 bucket as shown here. You can then source this data to your respective DWH using your data pipeline.

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.