Solved

Amplitude platform user property not tracking mobile traffic

• 29 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi! I had a question regarding the default amplitude platform user property which seems to be tracking weirdly on our product. Currently, when we're trying to make a chart to segment the users by mobile vs. web, it says that all of our users are accessing our platform through the web. However, we're still currently tracking on Google Analytics as well, which shows a decent amount of mobile traffic. I have some screenshots to show exactly what I mean, but I’d appreciate any insight into what's going on. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by SheenaGreen 29 March 2022, 17:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey there! Platform refers to where the product is hosted. Websites are Web, Apps are iOS and Android. We group by the Amplitude user property “Device Type” to segment are users by device (desktop, mobile, tablet).

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @carissa.mok ! Seconding what @SheenaGreen said here :) If you use our native SDKs, JS SDK will always show Platform = Web, iOS SDK = iOS, and Android SDK = Android. 

If you wanted to segment by mobile web and desktop web, I recommend using “Device Type” like what Sheena said or “OS”.

Badge +1

Hi @belinda.chiu and @SheenaGreen, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the help!