Solved

Segmentation chart - Large number of events grouped a common event property

• 22 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello Amplitude Community,

I have a set of 50 events designed to be generated when each of a tool is triggered within the UI. I need a single segmentation chart to analyse these 50 events.

1. have all these 50 events and show counts of each (created a custom event with all thes 50 events but when created a segmentation chart with the custom event, there is no option to group by event name)
  2. In this distribution chart  with 50 events (even if I created manually), how can I apply an event property filter that applies to all 50 events. For eg: I want the distribution chart of these 50 events when country=Canada.

Appreciate your help in advance

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 22 June 2023, 19:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @kavithajayaram 

1. That’s my current paint point as well that the “Event Name” can’t be applied to custom events to break open the event name.
  2. You can try tackling this using the Any Event with the Event Name selection on 50 events and then using a group by. Here’s a demo chart with 5 events and the property applied- https://analytics.amplitude.com/demo/chart/new/3elff2ki . Let me know if this works out.
Badge

Thanks a lot Saish. That solves the key painpoint:)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Saish Redkar ‘s suggestion above is the best way to set up this bulk event name analysis & break down by Event Name. 

I recognize 50 events might take a while to plug into the Event Name filter, so I recommend to take advantage of the multi-selector hack - recorded in Loom here