Scam on the Behalf of Amplitude Inc Canada.

• 18 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am a recent immigrant to Canada and wanted to share an incident regarding a Data Entry job vacancy at Amplitude that I came across on Facebook Messenger. I received a message from an individual who provided an email address, interview.amplitude@gmail.com, to set up a Google Chat interview. During the interview process conducted by a person named Jim WhiteHurst, I was eventually sent a cheque for $1000, supposedly to purchase essential software and a laptop. The cheque was issued by Amplitude Inc Canada. Subsequently, I was asked to purchase Visa gift cards worth $950 and provide screenshots of the front and back to transfer the funds to a vendor. I followed these instructions.

Today, I received a request to repeat the process, which raised suspicions and led me to decline. I attempted to find contact information on the official Amplitude website, but I was unsuccessful. That is why I am reaching out through your Twitter platform to report this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Sincerely,

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Atif Nasim Khan thank you so much for alerting us and I’m so sorry about this experience. This is awful. I’m glad this raised suspicions, this is not an open role at Amplitude. Fraudulent job listings are becoming common, so I’m glad you checked. If this happens again, lease refer to our careers page for all of Amplitude's official job postings: https://boards.greenhouse.io/amplitude 🙏