Renamed legend for chart based on formula with two user segments

• 5 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hello,

I have created an Event Segmentation chart based on formulas. I know that I can rename the legend (Formula A: TOTALS(B)/TOTALS(A), ...) when I have only one user segment.

But here, I have two user segments (two different populations), and it seems I can’t change the names.

So my question is, is there any way I can do it?

I want to change “Formula A: TOTALS(B)/TOTALS(A)”, “Formula A: TOTALS(C)/TOTALS(A)” and “Formula A: TOTALS(D)/TOTALS(A)”

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Valentin Patris 

I was able to do that by just hovering on the label names as seen here

But I also observed this -  when you add a new formula or update an existing one, the existing label names will default to the “Formula A: XXXXXX” format. You will have to rename it everytime I think.

Let me know if I’m interpreting your use case correctly here.

Badge

Thank you for your quick answer @Saish Redkar!

I think you do interpret my case correctly, but it is strange because nothing happens when I hover the label names.

I can rename it if I display it as line chart or stacked area, but not as bar chart.

Do you know what may cause it? Can it be because of the pricing plan?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello @Valentin Patris and thank you @Saish Redkar! Can you provide me with the link to your chart? There isn’t a paywall for editing labels within the charts but I would like to test it on my end as well with your chart. 

Badge

Hello @munroek-amp,

Here’s the link: https://analytics.amplitude.com/incenteev/chart/j5d2y8f?source=dashboard

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for jumping in @munroek-amp.

@Valentin Patris, that feature shouldn’t be behind any paywall as Kamanzi said. He should be able to take a closer look at that since he has access to your org chart.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Valentin Patris  I was able to access your chart with your user privileges and was able to edit the labels. Can you reattempt editing the labels once more? It may have had a moment but you should be able to do so now. Just hover over the label once more, select the edit icon and it will save your input.

Please let me know the outcome.

Badge

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Sadly, I am still not able to do this. I also asked someone from my team to try to change it with his account and on his laptop but he is in the same situation as me.

No edit icon appears when we hover the label (but if I apply only one population segment, here I can do it).

But I think I will just do three different charts then.

Its probably an issue with your browser zoom. Make sure you are in 100% zoom (or “actual size” on safari) so you can see the edit icon