Solved

New user frequency in First 30 Days

• 11 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, All !!

I want to know the number of times a new user of the site has logged in to the site in the first 30 days.

Don't know if i made it clear.

A new user in its first thirty days,Number of logins on the website.

How can I get this data, thank you!!!

icon

Best answer by xiaomeng.zhang 16 November 2021, 12:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

You can use Funnel analysis to achieve this:

• On event list, choose your login event and one other event that either precedes it (such as loginScreen) or follows it immediately (such as your main landing page)
  • On the user selection list, switch from All to New
  • In the settings, choose Frequency and set the time period below it to 30 days.
  • Choose a time period that is longer than the default 30 days, preferably 1 year if you have enough data for that.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2

You can use Funnel analysis to achieve this:

• On event list, choose your login event and one other event that either precedes it (such as loginScreen) or follows it immediately (such as your main landing page)
  • On the user selection list, switch from All to New
  • In the settings, choose Frequency and set the time period below it to 30 days.
  • Choose a time period that is longer than the default 30 days, preferably 1 year if you have enough data for that.

Yes, this way we can get the frequency of the user, but I want to know the number of days the user visits (even if the user has multiple events in a day, we only count it once. Therefore, the maximum number of visits for a user in 30 days is 30 days)

@MikkoKarvonen Do you have any ideas, thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Great idea @MikkoKarvonen! That’s exactly what I would have recommended as well. After reading @xiaomeng.zhang’s most recent post, perhaps a Stickiness chart like this would work in that case? Or another option would be to implement a count with the login event where if it is a user’s third time doing so that day, the count would be 3. Then you could filter in your charts where login count = 1.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Great idea @MikkoKarvonen! That’s exactly what I would have recommended as well. After reading @xiaomeng.zhang’s most recent post, perhaps a Stickiness chart like this would work in that case? Or another option would be to implement a count with the login event where if it is a user’s third time doing so that day, the count would be 3. Then you could filter in your charts where login count = 1.

Hi, jmagg !!! @jmagg  thanks for your advice!!

I am trying to use stickiness.

But I want to use stickiness to check the first 30 days of new users. Is the method I used correct?

and this is link: https://analytics.amplitude.com/carsome/chart/new/8z2n0oe

Badge

Great idea @MikkoKarvonen! That’s exactly what I would have recommended as well. After reading @xiaomeng.zhang’s most recent post, perhaps a Stickiness chart like this would work in that case? Or another option would be to implement a count with the login event where if it is a user’s third time doing so that day, the count would be 3. Then you could filter in your charts where login count = 1.

Hi, jmagg !!! @jmagg  thanks for your advice!!

But I want to use stickiness to check the first 30 days of new users. Is the method I used correct?

and this is link: https://analytics.amplitude.com/carsome/chart/new/8z2n0oee

Thanks for the link!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, jmagg !!! @jmagg  thanks for your advice!!

and this is link: https://analytics.amplitude.com/carsome/chart/new/8z2n0oee

Thanks for the link!

@onur 

Hi, onur, I think I found a more correct way

https://analytics.amplitude.com/carsome/chart/55g9lm6?source=redirect%3A+chart+saved