Skip to main content

We “defined” an aha-moment (event) for our app.

We have to types of users, we call them “logged-in users” and “logged-out users” (passive). This aha moment is only for logged-in users.

Now we want to understand if this event actually drives more engagement.

What would be the best way to do that?

I looked at compas chart, but ran into the problem, that I cannot filter the New user cohort to the logged-in users (determined by a user property).

When creating a new cohort I cannot base it of new users. I read something about historical count but don’t have that as a selection.

Hope someone can help me.

Hi kornelius,

Thank you for contacting Amplitude Support. Happy to help!
Jake here.

I have some clarification question to ask.

1. How do you differentiate 'logged-in users' and 'logged-out users' my assumption is that they have user id or don't have user id but wanted to double check on the understanding.
2. >`Now we want to understand if this event actually drives more engagement.` this depends on what your product/organization's purpose is, what you are trying to achieve, and what the short-term/long-term goal of your organization is, which can differ for all teams and companies. Thus its not a question that we can answer on your behalf. Perhaps following article can be a great place to start.
1. https://amplitude.com/blog/product-north-star-metric

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Jake

P.S. Checkout upcoming events and user meetups on our events page.

Thanks Jake.

We have a defined user property for that, so we do not differentiate between “has user id or not”, given that there are a few more considerations, that we have represented in the user property.

Sorry, if my questions was not precice enough.

Basically I want to see the impact is has on user retention and engagement (e.g. other tracked events) if this event was hit, especially by new users. This is why I was looking at the compas chart.

I looked at compas chart, but ran into the problem, that I cannot filter the New user cohort to the logged-in users (determined by a user property).

When creating a new cohort I cannot base it of new users. I read something about historical count but don’t have that as a selection.

Hi kornelius,

Thank you for the context.

Would you mind providing

- the name of the user property that you use to determine logged in user.
- The event that you are considering analyzing of?

If you are trying to identify engagement of different events, engagement matrix can be a great place to start

https://amplitude.com/docs/analytics/charts/engagement-matrix/engagement-matrix-discover

Or perhaps journey map to analysis users path

https://amplitude.com/docs/analytics/charts/journeys

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Jake

It is user_permisions and the event is delivery sent.

My questions is more about the new user cohort and how I can work with that, or is that wrong?

Best

Kornelius

Hi Kornelius,

To see user retention of someone who is in particular `user_permission` and who have done `delivery sent`
I randomly chose `role_ui_user` filter for `user_permissio `but you can change as you desire!

Best Regards,
Jake