Solved

Listing event data

• 5 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

In Amplitude, I have an event, which has two event properties, both of which are date/time property types. What I’m trying to do is segment instances of this event into two groups (based on another event property). Then, I want to look at the elapsed time difference between the two timestamps properties for every event entry, per segment and then average these out.

If I can’t do this in Amplitude, a download of the raw data in CSV would be preferred, so I can do in Excel/Sheets.

Sorry if there is a simple way to do this, but I’m new to Amplitude and have not discovered this yet.

Also for context, I’m on the free Starter plan as well.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

icon

Best answer by Naryie Vasquez 8 May 2023, 16:12

View original

2 replies

Any replies?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hey @glennleesidekicker,

I was going through this, if you want to do the average of the difference between the events you can use the average formula as follows:

Avg = total events / unique events

given your requirement on which you want to know the average of the differences between each point, this formula can be rewritten as follows:

Avg = (total events(A) - total events(B)) / (unique events(A) - unique events(B))
being: A the first timestamp through the time, and B the second timestamp through the time.

I made a chart in Amplitude as an example, I hope this is helpful.

Curious to hear if this addresses the challenge you had in mind!