Solved

Lifecycle chart: Want user email and account data

• 29 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi! I’m playing around with the Lifecycle chart so I can learn something about people who start using or churn out of our product. In particular, I’d love to see which of our customer accounts those users are part of--are users from one customer leaving/joining en masse, or spread across many accounts, etc.?

I see that I can drill into any particular group of dormant/resurrected/current/new users and get their IDs, but… IDs aren’t helpful to me. Is there a particular kind of yak-shaving I need to do to get the email and account data that is actionable? Or maybe even a way to get there easily?

I tried the User & Account Lookup tool, but didn’t see a way to, say, upload a CSV or otherwise pass in the list of (hundreds of) IDs that I’m looking to analyze.

Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 30 June 2022, 00:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @rkb 

Are you capturing email and account data at user level in Amplitude?

If yes, then you can pick up any datapoint from your lifecycle chart and create a cohort.

Let’s pick Dormant users from May 30 - Jun 5

You then use this cohort in an event segmentation chart and slice by the desired user properties/account data to further analyze this cohort. https://analytics.amplitude.com/demo/chart/new/1u7yyua

I don’t think the Lifecycle chart allows you to perform a native group by at the moment.

If you have a preexisting list of user ids/groups that you want to analyze, you can upload the csv and create a cohort out of it and analyze this cohort in the desired chart.

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.

Thanks @Saish Redkar ! We do have the right account attributes on our data, and the cohort trick worked just fine 👍 I uncovered some interesting stuff in our data right away, so am excited to dig in more!