Question

Is there a best practice for grouping charts in a dashboard and then swapping out a global filter?

• 17 January 2024
  • 5 replies

We build mobile apps for golf courses under one project id. Within the project we have an event property called facility_name where we can filter events by this property. I have created ten reports without a facility_name filter. What is the best way to add these ten reports to a dashboard and filter the dashboard by facility_name, a save it as “facility_name dashboard”, and then duplicate and save with a different “facility_name?”

I have spent several hours trying to teach myself how to do this but I can’t do it and I can’t find any help.  We are on a Plus Account.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Have you watched the “getting started” training videos @Mike Loustalot?
https://academy.amplitude.com/path/getting-started-with-amplitude-analytics-learning-path

The “Use Dashboards and Starter Templates to Monitor Important Metrics” should help in particular, I’m pretty sure I remember there being a demo in that video of a use case like yours.

@dangrainger thank you for your response. I did attend the 90-minute webinar last week but did not learn the best practice for my intended use case.

I want to create default charts, add them to a default dashboard, and then filter by facility_name, and SAVE as a “facility_name dashboard”, while keeping the default charts and default dashboards intact without any famility_name filter.

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The link I provided is Amplitude’s series of (short) videos to onboard users into the product. In there you’ll find this specific video…

...which shows how to take a dashboard and turn it into a template with parameters which can then be copied (in your case the parameter would be facility_name).

@dangrainger Templates are available only for Growth Customers, I am a PLUS customer. :-(

Is there a work around for a PLUS Customer?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Not that I can think of, though someone else might chime in. You might be in a world of creating the charts/ dashboard for a particular facility, but then duplicating each chart manually/ changing the facility to put into a new dashboard for each facility.