Solved

Is it possible to download a limited amount of project data from Api?

• 18 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Good day!
Is it possible to download a limited amount of project data from Api?

Our case: We want to give access to uploading data via API only those that are on three dashboards (MAU, DAU, Retention, for example) , but prohibit uploading and viewing our other data

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 19 October 2021, 02:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Dariga 

Not sure I completely understand your use case here. 

If you are looking at the Export API way, you can choose the date range within which you want to limit the event data when exporting from a given project. 

Can you elaborate on the “give access to uploading data via API only those that are on three dashboards“ ? Are you talking about limiting user permissions or limiting data ingestion in here?

Badge

HI, @Saish Redkar 

I need to give API keys to third parties so that they upload data for their BI system, but I want them to be able to view only data from three dashboards upon request -

response = requests.get('https://amplitude.com/api/3/chart/query',auth = (api_key, secret_key))

But since they will receive the API keys, they will be able to unload any project data without our knowledge. 

I want to restrict access to other data, even if they have API keys or I need to find another way to get raw data only in a limited amount, for example, only DAU, but not to extract data by events

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dariga ,

If you want to download some data, I would agree with @Saish Redkar about the Export API.

In relation to the API Keys, we do not recommend giving your API Key to anyone. This is quite a security breach and can cause serious issues if it leaks or gets into the wrong hands.I would really recommend to not give your API Key to third parties. If you wanted to, you could create a second project and use that project only for this specific data and if the API Key leaked, it would not contaminate all the “main project” data. However, you would do this at your own risk.

We do not offer access restriction for people on an API Key.

Kind Regards,
Denis

Badge

@Denis Holmes , Ok! Thanks for the answer! :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Totally agree with @Denis Holmes here.