Solved

I need to make 3 charts (WAU, DAU, MAU) where I can classify various users of my product into these 3 charts.

• 19 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Currently I have made 3 (WAU, DAU, MAU) charts for each user but this is a long winded approach.

Daily Analysis → click here

Weekly Analysis → click here

Monthly Analysis → click here

Please share videos for quick understanding.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 21 December 2022, 19:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @garima 

Can you elaborate on “this is a long winded approach”?

Since I’m not part of the Amplitude Team, I won’t be able to access your org chart links.

The most common approach for DAU/WAU/MAU charts in Amplitude would be to define your Active Event and the right segment for your active users ( if applicable ) and chart them as uniques separately in a daily/weekly/monthly level.

A sample DAU chart would look like this - https://analytics.amplitude.com/demo/chart/new/mz4g9zr

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.

Hi Saish,

Thanks for your chart. 

Currently we have a small group of users only. So I want to make a chart at Amplitude where I can see username in DAU/ WAU/MAU.

for ex. Chart 1 → DAU → we have two users who are DAU so this chart will show only those two user’s { A and user B }

Chart 2 → WAU → we have 3 users who are WAU so this chart will show us those 3 users. {user c, D and E}

Chart 3→ MAU → we have 1 only only so this will show us that one user only. {User F}.

I am happy to connect with you on teams or Goggle chat if that works for you.

Cheers,

Garima

@Saish Redkar

I want to classify all my users into 3 categories and just on seeing the chart of each category I want to know which user of mine is present in it.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Garima, 

Can you clarify the use-case and what you are looking to achieve? Do you want to see all of these users on a single chart view? 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@garima 

I’m  not able to comprehend the “we have two users who are DAU” part.  Any user who is active on a given day will roll up to being active during that given week and ultimately active for that month.

From what I understood, you will have 3 charts with a daily/weekly/monthly granularity against the same time frame - e.g. Last 3 months ↔ Last 12 weeks ↔ Last 90 days.

Each of these can be grouped by username and a line chart.

So if you end up using the bar chart view for each of those charts, you will only see the usernames who were active over the aggregate period.