Solved

How to obtain data related to each Type property within a specific Event in the Pathfinder?

• 1 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

The best way to describe exactly what I am looking for is to explain with an example. Inside the app, we have events called 'Onboarding opened.' In this event, we have different Type properties that describe each specific step of the onboarding process. I would like to put this information in the Pathfinder view to understand the percentage of drop-off at each screen and to identify any points of friction that can be optimized.

Additionally, I am interested in learning how to generate a pathfinder and filter paths based on users who have a specific property associated with a particular event. For example, I want the first step to include only the people who have a specific property in a particular event and understand their customer journey.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 3 August 2023, 18:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Dima Krieger 
You can filter on your first event path on any desired property for that event.

For your other use case, you can use the Expand events by property option to select your “Onboarding opened” event by Type property. Here’s a demo chart which expands the Play song or Video event by the genre property. This enables you to see the breakdown of paths by the genre type.

Let me know if I have interpreted your use case correctly. Hope this helps.

Badge

Thank you, Saish, for your answer.

Let me seek further clarification about my case:

We have 10 other types of the event "Onboarding" opened. For example, welcome screen, adjust, screen #3, screen#4, etc.

I need to create a pathfinder graph consisting of 10 steps, and for every step, I have an event "Onboarding opened" with a different type (“welcome screen,” “adjust”... ), in order to understand how every screen is performing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In your pathfinder chart, what are you considering your “starting with”  event?

Do you plan to visualize how many users started with “Onboarding” where type = “welcome screen” and then the different paths taken by different screen type naturally taken by your users? I still think your use case will have to use the expand events by property clause if your onboarding steps are captured with the same event name (“Onboarding”) but different values for your screen type property.

If you are looking for a funnel analysis to see the conversion rate between different onboarding steps, then a funnel chart would be the best option here. You can visualize the drop-off between each of your 10 steps after you have built your funnel with your Onboarding event filtered on each of the screen type.

Badge

Thank you! 

Allow me to approach this question from a different perspective. (Please refer to the attached screenshot.) How can I view the properties near this event for my analysis? As you can observe, the only difference on this screenshot is between "step2" and "step3," but it's crucial for me to see near this text "onboarding open" -- the exact type of the property it represents. For example, something like "Onboarding opened - Welcome," etc. Is such information accessible or possible to view? This would be solve the problem that I trying to solve

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yea, the expand events by property option will help here
Are you not able to do that?

Add your “Onboarding Opened” event here and select your type property in the “by” field.

Badge

Thank you. You’re right. This work correctly