Solved

How to create conversion from Event A to Event B, grouped by whether or not they did Event C?

• 25 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’m looking to create a conversion funnel say going from Event A to Event B, but I want to group the users by whether or not they did Event C.

I can obviously do this by creating 2 different conversion funnel charts then comparing them, but it’s easiest within the same chart.

Can someone give me an example of how to accomplish this? (preferably a screenshot).  I’ve tried in the Chart builder but can’t seem to do this.

icon

Best answer by munroek-amp 1 March 2023, 00:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @trevin-bc Thanks for being so active here. We have several resources as you get up to speed. This video walkthrough on our Help Center is a great place to start. We also have self paced academy courses and live trainings! I’ll also make sure a team member circles back to comment on your specific request. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @trevin-bc Thanks for being so active here. We have several resources as you get up to speed. This video walkthrough on our Help Center is a great place to start. We also have self paced academy courses and live trainings! I’ll also make sure a team member circles back to comment on your specific request. 

Unfortunately that does not directly answer my question. I would expect a chart option to be able to exclude those that did or did not do an event. Is that not possible?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello @trevin-bc! Are you looking to exclude users who performed a certain event in between the funnel? If so, utilizing Exclude users who performed would be what you’re looking for. If you’re looking to create a cohort of users that share a trait or set of traits, you can utilize inline behavioral cohorts. With inline cohorts, you can filter users that have performed a specific event.

An example of both have been applied to the chart in the attachment. 

In order to filter users who did not perform an event, that will require upgrading to the growth plan which will allow the use of behavioral cohorts. More information about it can be found here

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello @trevin-bc! Are you looking to exclude users who performed a certain event in between the funnel? If so, utilizing Exclude users who performed would be what you’re looking for. If you’re looking to create a cohort of users that share a trait or set of traits, you can utilize inline behavioral cohorts. With inline cohorts, you can filter users that have performed a specific event.

An example of both have been applied to the chart in the attachment. 

In order to filter users who did not perform an event, that will require upgrading to the growth plan which will allow the use of behavioral cohorts. More information about it can be found here

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Thanks! I completed missed that section.

One follow on question -- it appears the clauses in the exclusion list are OR. Is there a way to do an AND clause or more complex like a mix of AND and OR?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

If you’re referring to the behavioral cohort, you can use “and also” which appears towards the bottom left @trevin-bc.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

If you’re referring to the behavioral cohort, you can use “and also” which appears towards the bottom left @trevin-bc.

No I’m talking about the exclusion clauses on the left side. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

You will need to utilize the cohort options if that’s what you’re looking for. Also for additional clarification, when using “exclude users who performed”, instead of removing the user entirely, it only removes the conversions where the user performed the event between steps. If you want the users to be removed entirely from the chart, you will need to utilize the inline cohort or behavioral cohort to mix and match AND and OR.